Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hump Day Hump Day Hump Day...

All I can hear in my head is What Day is it? Hump Day.  I hear it every Wednesday to be honest.  I also have never told anyone this, but when I hear someone say it's Wednesday I hear "What Day is it?"  In the voices from the commercial!!!  It makes me laugh out loud sometimes how and what our brains recall.

Isn't it just funny how our brain works...take my post for today #TimHoltz #CrazyDogs.  I told my friend, Caridad, that I was doing a junk yard dog and her first brain recall was Cujo.  I got too tickled and told her that Cujo was not a junk yard dog, her response was even funnier..."but he lived in a junky yard."  That was the icing on the cake.  So Cujo was a junk yard dog!  A rabid St Barnard, but he did reign terror and that is the true definition of the junk yard dog to me.

Here is my post for Hump day... the bull dog that to me is a junk yard dog! He may be cute as a button, but if you touch any of his things, I think you will see more than three teeth.



I colored Spike with #CopicsSketchMarkers C0, C3 and C5.  His collar is #Copics R39 and I used Gold #NuvoCrystalDrops for his spikes and Cherry Red #NuvoCrystalDrops for his medallion.  The food bowl is colored with #Copics R39 and R89 with E32, E34 and E37 for the food.  The dog house, a #CTMH stamp set (name unknown), which I refer to as Spike's Digs... was stamped using embossing ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder and I used candied apple distress inks for the color.

I used foil paper as the background (to convey the chain linked fence...#timholtz needs to design one!), and adding the words MINE which are so appropriate for that face!

I hope Spike and I brought a smile on your Wednesday, and your day was filled with love and laughter.

Until next time,




1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I love the stories you tell when posting, it gives readers like me a sense of who you are and the thought process behind your artwork. I live how you use the Nuvo Crystal Drops! I need to start incorporating these more in my artwork! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete