Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Happy Monday

Happy Monday!!!

I am getting my groove and finding my way.  I am going to post three times this week on my art journey and of course #affirmationTuesday is a separate post all on its own.

I am focusing on Tim Holtz crazy dogs this week and using some of the techniques that I have learned in Creative Chemistry 101 & 102.  I have  few more classes of 102 and then we will begin 103.  We are off schedule as Gigi and I are trying to get our schedules coordinated with summer travels.  We did not work on our class last week so I am going to take this opportunity to work in my art journal,  and also use some learned techniques from class along with the stamp set crazy dogs.

I was using the NUVO enamel on his nose, so I first stamped in archival black ink and colored him in Copics.  I had to let the NUVO black enamel nose dry overnight.  This puppy is too cute!


Once his nose was dry, I used distress inks in candied apple, wild honey and mowed lawn to create this background using stencils THS002 Bubble, THS056 Ringer and THS004 Stripes.


I used an old Close to My Heart Stamp set for the sentiment.  I added his bone in his mouth because I think this bone is his best friend.  He looks so in love.   These stamps are so much fun!  Well, let me get ready for #affirmationTuesday.

Hope you liked my first puppy!



1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I never thought about using the enamel for a nose! Oh the creativity is endless! Thanks for the inspiration and tip! ��

    ReplyDelete