Monday, June 27, 2016

Challenge for #GerdaDesigns this chick is super cute...

So you all know that I follow #SandyAllnock and I plan to catch up on my homework this week... promise.  (my toes are crossed!) Sandy did a project last week where she used color burst to paint a fox.  Color burst is a watercolor powder by Ken Oliver that once it comes into contact with water it burst into color.  Well, Sandy was controlling it in the lines of her fox, I was mesmerized that she could do that.  So... I am going to try this on #GerdasDesigns chick, the novice with all things color burst...since I have only used it twice (this being my second time.)

Here is one using the color burst.  I was doing well until I did his beak, tail feathers and feet.  I couldn't stop the bleeding.  Looking at here, I think it kinda worked better than I thought.  For me, I am stepping outside my comfort zone by not only using mediums I have never used, but posting my mistakes here.  I am glad that I tried color burst because it is really fun to play with. Just so you know, I am stepping out of my comfort zone and am having a really good time.  I know that  I am going to practice a bit more with color burst, because I would really like to see this work.  The colors are amazing!

So check out this little chick with his very vibrant color with color burst.  I painted the cup with color burst as well,  but I did this part by adding the powder to my craft mat and using a wet brush to pick up color and add it to the cup, much easier to control.


Now, here is the one I did with copics.  Loved, loved love how it turned out.  I have not been doing my #copicjumpstart sessions  and I love my coloring thus far...  I can't wait until I keep practicing, I will not know what to do with myself...LOL!!

Let me know what you think about the two different mediums.  Have you ever tried color burst? Copics? I would love to know what you think about how they work for you.

Until my next therapy session....

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your Copic coloring is coming along super nice, you are a pro ;) and for being your second time with color burst, it came out amazing. 🎨😉

    ReplyDelete